In simmilar lines to standalone python this is the code that could be used for running standalone perl applications.
This script again tries to address some very basic issues.
1) non availability of direct perl calling mechanism while using terminal emulator.
2) Environmental limitations.
3) you can’t pass command-line arguments.
Script enclosed Here
#License: GPLv2 or later #License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html PW=`pwd` cd $PW export PERL5LIB="/sdcard/haxdroid/perllib" /data/data/com.googlecode.perlforandroid/files/perl/perl "$@"
this script allows for following things
1) allow us to use this shell script to call perl directly.
2) allows for command line argument passing.
3) relative path references are now working
I have named this script as py and placed it in /system/bin/pl location
so basically copying this script in a text file say pl.txt
adb push pl.txt /system/bin/pl
adb shell chmod 04755 /system/bin/pl
As always this depends on perl4aandroid project for running properly, you can download from here